PRAYER: Our Responsorial Psalm 33 starts by calling us to glory in our relationship to our God!... “Exult, you just, in the Lord; praise from the upright is fitting.” We are called to rejoice, be joyful, and now we are also called to exult, an even stronger word!
PARISH MAINTENANCE & ONGOING MISSION/EVANGELIZATION/GROWTH:
- The Parish Council and Finance Council have had dialog with the Diocese of Springfield over the last year about Holy Name of Jesus Parish challenges. Despite the monies owed to the Diocese by the parish and the repairs necessary to Assumption Church and Rectory, the Parish Council wants to keep the Parish going and work to get healthier.
- I DID NOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH IN LAST WEEK’S BULLETIN, IN WRITING, THAT “THE DIOCESE WILL LET US CONTINUE AS A PARISH AS WE WORK TO GET MORE HEALTHY”!
- The Parish Council recommends that Holy Name of Jesus start to pay all its bills to the Diocese going forward and work to pay back monies owed. We will work with parishioners to increase offertory giving/ hold fundraisers.
- The Parish has savings and will fix the Church boiler for about $20,000 (est) and fix the church and rectory flat roofs for about $150,000 (est).
- Make a 5 year plan to attract more youth and families to active participation building on the existing “family involved youth faith formation” and the Edge/LifeTeen middle school ministry/program.
Peace of Christ,
Deacon David Southworth, Parish Manager